New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.4
SynopsisThe version of iOS running on the mobile device is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of iOS running on the mobile device is prior to 10.1. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- A flaw exists in the FaceTime component when handling relayed calls due to inconsistencies in the user interface. A man-in-the-middle attacker can exploit this issue to cause a relayed call to continue to transmit audio while the call appears to be terminated.
- An out-of-bounds read error exists in the FontParser component when handling specially crafted font files that allows an unauthenticated, remote attacker to disclose sensitive information. (CVE-2016-4660)
- An unspecified flaw exists in the Sandbox Profiles component that allows a local attacker, via a specially crafted application, to disclose the metadata of photo directories. (CVE-2016-4664)
- An unspecified flaw exists in the Sandbox Profiles component that allows a local attacker, via a specially crafted application, to disclose the metadata of audio recordings. (CVE-2016-4665)
- Multiple memory corruption issues exist in Webkit due to improper validation of user-supplied input. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit these to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-4666, CVE-2016-4677)
- Multiple unspecified flaws exist in the System Boot component, within MIG generated code, due to improper validation of input. A local attacker can exploit these to terminate the system or execute arbitrary code with elevated privileges. (CVE-2016-4669)
- A flaw exists in the Security component due to the program logging the length of passwords. A local attacker can exploit this to disclose sensitive information. (CVE-2016-4670)
- A memory corruption issue exists in the CoreGraphics component when handling specially crafted JPEG files. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this, via a specially crafted file, to cause a denial of service condition or the execution of arbitrary code.
- An unspecified logic issue exists in libxpc that allows a local attacker to execute arbitrary code with root privileges. (CVE-2016-4675)
- A flaw exists in libarchive due to improper path validation when creating temporary files during archive extraction. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this, via a symlink attack, to overwrite arbitrary files. (CVE-2016-4679)
- An unspecified flaw exists in the Kernel component due to improper sanitization of input. A local attacker can exploit this to disclose kernel memory contents.
- A flaw exists in the Contacts component due to a failure to revoke an application's access to the Address Book after its access has been removed in Settings. A local attacker can exploit this to cause access to persist after it should have been removed. (CVE-2016-4686)
- A flaw exists in the CFNetworks component when handling proxy credentials that allows a man-in-the-middle attacker to disclose sensitive user information.
SolutionUpgrade to Apple iOS version 10.1 or later.