New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
Description21 Jul 2016, **PHP 5.6.24**
- Fixed bug php#71936 (Segmentation fault destroying HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA). (mike dot laspina at gmail dot com, Remi)
- Fixed bug php#72496 (Cannot declare public method with signature incompatible with parent private method).
- Fixed bug php#72138 (Integer Overflow in Length of String-typed ZVAL). (Stas)
- Fixed bug php#72513 (Stack-based buffer overflow vulnerability in virtual_file_ex). (loianhtuan at gmail dot com)
- Fixed bug php#72562 (Use After Free in unserialize() with Unexpected Session Deserialization). (taoguangchen at icloud dot com)
- Fixed bug php#72573 (HTTP_PROXY is improperly trusted by some PHP libraries and applications). (CVE-2016-5385) (Stas)
- Fixed bug php#72447 (Type Confusion in php_bz2_filter_create()). (gogil at stealien dot com).
- Fixed bug php#72613 (Inadequate error handling in bzread()). (Stas)
- Fixed bug php#50845 (exif_read_data() returns corrupted exif headers). (Bartosz Dziewoński)
- Fixed bug php#72603 (Out of bound read in exif_process_IFD_in_MAKERNOTE). (Stas)
- Fixed bug #72618 (NULL pointer Dereference in exif_process_user_comment). (Stas)
- Fixed bug php#72533 (locale_accept_from_http out-of-bounds access). (Stas)
- Fixed bug php#69975 (PHP segfaults when accessing nvarchar(max) defined columns)
- Fixed bug php#71915 (openssl_random_pseudo_bytes is not fork-safe). (Jakub Zelenka)
- Fixed bug php#72336 (openssl_pkey_new does not fail for invalid DSA params). (Jakub Zelenka)
- Fixed bug php#72479 (Use After Free Vulnerability in SNMP with GC and unserialize()). (taoguangchen at icloud dot com)
- Fixed bug php#55701 (GlobIterator throws LogicException). (Valentin VĂLCIU)
- Fixed bug php#70628 (Clearing bindings on a SQLite3 statement doesn't work). (cmb)
- Fixed bug php#72439 (Stream socket with remote address leads to a segmentation fault). (Laruence)
- Fixed bug php#72606 (heap-buffer-overflow (write) simplestring_addn simplestring.c). (Stas)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora update system website.
Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected php package.