SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
Description**LibGD 2.2.3 release**
Security related fixes: This flaw is caused by loading data from external sources (file, custom ctx, etc) and are hard to validate before calling libgd APIs :
- fix php bug php#72339, Integer Overflow in _gd2GetHeader (CVE-2016-5766)
- bug #248, fix Out-Of-Bounds Read in read_image_tga
Using application provided parameters, in these cases invalid data causes the issues :
- Integer overflow error within _gdContributionsAlloc() (CVE-2016-6207)
- fix php bug php#72494, invalid color index not handled, can lead to crash
- improve color check for CropThreshold
Important update :
- gdImageCopyResampled has been improved. Better handling of images with alpha channel, also brings libgd in sync with php's bundled gd.
This is a recommended update.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora update system website.
Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected gd package.