New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.9
SynopsisThe remote Windows host has a browser plugin installed that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe remote Windows host is missing KB3174060. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- Multiple memory corruption issues exist that allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code.
(CVE-2016-4172, CVE-2016-4175, CVE-2016-4179, CVE-2016-4180, CVE-2016-4181, CVE-2016-4182, CVE-2016-4183, CVE-2016-4184, CVE-2016-4185, CVE-2016-4186, CVE-2016-4187, CVE-2016-4188, CVE-2016-4189, CVE-2016-4190, CVE-2016-4217, CVE-2016-4218, CVE-2016-4219, CVE-2016-4220, CVE-2016-4221, CVE-2016-4233, CVE-2016-4234, CVE-2016-4235, CVE-2016-4236, CVE-2016-4237, CVE-2016-4238, CVE-2016-4239, CVE-2016-4240, CVE-2016-4241, CVE-2016-4242, CVE-2016-4243, CVE-2016-4244, CVE-2016-4245, CVE-2016-4246)
- Multiple use-after-free errors exist that allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-4173, CVE-2016-4174, CVE-2016-4222, CVE-2016-4226, CVE-2016-4227, CVE-2016-4228, CVE-2016-4229, CVE-2016-4230, CVE-2016-4231, CVE-2016-4248, CVE-2016-7020)
- Multiple stack corruption issues exist that allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code.
- A security bypass vulnerability exists that allows a remote attacker to disclose sensitive information.
- Multiple type confusion errors exist that allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-4223, CVE-2016-4224, CVE-2016-4225)
- An unspecified memory leak issue exists that allows an attacker to have an unspecified impact. (CVE-2016-4232)
- A race condition exists that allows a remote attacker to disclose sensitive information. (CVE-2016-4247)
- A heap buffer overflow condition exists that allows a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code.
SolutionMicrosoft has released a set of patches for Windows 2012, 8.1, RT 8.1, 2012 R2, and 10.