New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 3.6
SynopsisThe remote OracleVM host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThe remote OracleVM system is missing necessary patches to address critical security updates :
- To disable SSLv2 client connections create the file /etc/sysconfig/openssl-ssl-client-kill-sslv2 (John Haxby) [orabug 21673934]
- Backport openssl 08-Jan-2015 security fixes (John Haxby) [orabug 20409893]
- fix CVE-2014-3570 - Bignum squaring may produce incorrect results
- fix CVE-2014-3571 - DTLS segmentation fault in dtls1_get_record
- fix CVE-2014-3572 - ECDHE silently downgrades to ECDH [Client]
- fix CVE-2016-0797 - heap corruption in BN_hex2bn and BN_dec2bn
- fix CVE-2015-3197 - SSLv2 ciphersuite enforcement
- disable SSLv2 in the generic TLS method (can be reenabled by setting environment variable OPENSSL_ENABLE_SSL2)
- fix CVE-2015-3195 - X509_ATTRIBUTE memory leak
SolutionUpdate the affected openssl package.