SynopsisThe remote Windows host has a browser plugin installed that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe remote Windows host is missing KB3167685. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- Multiple memory corruption issues exist that allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to cause a denial of service condition or the execution of arbitrary code.
(CVE-2016-4122, CVE-2016-4123, CVE-2016-4124, CVE-2016-4125, CVE-2016-4127, CVE-2016-4128, CVE-2016-4129, CVE-2016-4130, CVE-2016-4131, CVE-2016-4132, CVE-2016-4133, CVE-2016-4134, CVE-2016-4137, CVE-2016-4141, CVE-2016-4150, CVE-2016-4151, CVE-2016-4152, CVE-2016-4153, CVE-2016-4154, CVE-2016-4155, CVE-2016-4156, CVE-2016-4166, CVE-2016-4171)
- Multiple heap buffer overflow conditions exist due to improper validation of user-supplied input. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit these to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-4135, CVE-2016-4136, CVE-2016-4138).
- An unspecified vulnerability exists that allows an unauthenticated, remote attacker to bypass the same-origin policy, resulting in the disclosure of potentially sensitive information. (CVE-2016-4139)
- An unspecified flaw exists when loading certain dynamic link libraries due to using a search path that includes directories which may not be trusted or under the user's control. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this, by inserting a specially crafted library in the path, to execute arbitrary code in the context of the user. (CVE-2016-4140)
- Multiple use-after-free errors exist that allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to deference already freed memory, resulting in the execution of arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-4142, CVE-2016-4143, CVE-2016-4145, CVE-2016-4146, CVE-2016-4147, CVE-2016-4148)
- Multiple type confusion errors exist that allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-4144, CVE-2016-4149)
SolutionMicrosoft has released a set of patches for Windows 2012, 8.1, RT 8.1, 2012 R2, and 10.