Adobe Flash Player <= 18.104.22.168 Multiple Vulnerabilities (APSB16-18)
High Nessus Plugin ID 91670
SynopsisThe remote Windows host has a browser plugin installed that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Adobe Flash Player installed on the remote Windows host is equal or prior to version 22.214.171.124. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- Multiple memory corruption issues exist that allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to cause a denial of service condition or the execution of arbitrary code.
(CVE-2016-4122, CVE-2016-4123, CVE-2016-4124, CVE-2016-4125, CVE-2016-4127, CVE-2016-4128, CVE-2016-4129, CVE-2016-4130, CVE-2016-4131, CVE-2016-4132, CVE-2016-4133, CVE-2016-4134, CVE-2016-4137, CVE-2016-4141, CVE-2016-4150, CVE-2016-4151, CVE-2016-4152, CVE-2016-4153, CVE-2016-4154, CVE-2016-4155, CVE-2016-4156, CVE-2016-4166, CVE-2016-4171)
- Multiple heap buffer overflow conditions exist due to improper validation of user-supplied input. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit these to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-4135, CVE-2016-4136, CVE-2016-4138).
- An unspecified vulnerability exists that allows an unauthenticated, remote attacker to bypass the same-origin policy, resulting in the disclosure of potentially sensitive information. (CVE-2016-4139)
- An unspecified flaw exists when loading certain dynamic link libraries due to using a search path that includes directories which may not be trusted or under the user's control. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this, by inserting a specially crafted library in the path, to execute arbitrary code in the context of the user. (CVE-2016-4140)
- Multiple use-after-free errors exist that allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to deference already freed memory, resulting in the execution of arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-4142, CVE-2016-4143, CVE-2016-4145, CVE-2016-4146, CVE-2016-4147, CVE-2016-4148)
- Multiple type confusion errors exist that allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-4144, CVE-2016-4149)
SolutionUpgrade to Adobe Flash Player version 126.96.36.199 or later.
Alternatively, Adobe has made version 188.8.131.520 available for those installations that cannot be upgraded to the latest version.