SolarWinds Storage Resource Monitor Profiler < 6.2.3 Multiple Vulnerabilities (Logjam) (POODLE)
High Nessus Plugin ID 91123
SynopsisA web application running on the remote host is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of SolarWinds Storage Resource Monitor (SRM) Profiler (formerly SolarWinds Storage Manager) running on the remote host is prior to 6.2.3. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- A man-in-the-middle (MitM) information disclosure vulnerability, known as POODLE, exists due to the way SSL 3.0 handles padding bytes when decrypting messages encrypted using block ciphers in cipher block chaining (CBC) mode. A MitM attacker can decrypt a selected byte of a cipher text in as few as 256 tries if they are able to force a victim application to repeatedly send the same data over newly created SSL 3.0 connections.
- A man-in-the-middle vulnerability, known as Logjam, exists due to a flaw in the SSL/TLS protocol. A remote attacker can exploit this flaw to downgrade connections using ephemeral Diffie-Hellman key exchange to 512-bit export-grade cryptography. (CVE-2015-4000)
- Multiple SQL injection vulnerabilities exist due to a failure by various servlets to properly sanitize the user-supplied input to their parameters. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit these vulnerabilities to inject or manipulate SQL queries against the back-end database, resulting in the disclosure or manipulation of arbitrary data (CVE-2016-4350).
The following servlets are affected :
- A SQL injection (SQLi) vulnerability exists in the RunScript.jsp script due to improper sanitization of user-supplied input before using it in SQL queries. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this to inject or manipulate SQL queries in the back-end database, resulting in the disclosure and manipulation of arbitrary data.
- A path traversal vulnerability exists due to improper sanitization of user-supplied input. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this, via a specially crafted request, to disclose sensitive information.
SolutionUpgrade to SolarWinds SRM Profiler version 6.2.3 or later.