SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel-rt is now available for Red Hat Enterprise MRG 2.5.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel-rt packages contain the Linux kernel, the core of any Linux operating system.
The following packages have been upgraded to a newer upstream version:
kernel-rt (3.10.0-327.18.2). This version provides a number of bug fixes and enhancements, including :
* [scsi] bnx2fc: Fix FCP RSP residual parsing and remove explicit logouts
* [scsi] mpt3sas: Fix for Asynchronous completion of timedout IO and task abort of timedout IO
* [scsi] scsi_error: should not get sense for timeout IO in scsi error handler
* [scsi] Revert libiscsi: Reduce locking contention in fast path
* [mm] madvise: fix MADV_WILLNEED on shmem swapouts
* [cpufreq] intel_pstate: decrease number of 'HWP enabled' messages and enable HWP per CPU
* [kernel] sched: Robustify topology setup
* [kernel] sched/fair: Disable tg load_avg/runnable_avg update for root_task_group
* [kernel] sched/fair: Move hot load_avg/runnable_avg into separate cacheline
* [ib] mlx5: Fix RC transport send queue overhead computation
* [fs] nfsd: fix clp->cl_revoked list deletion causing softlock in nfsd
* [fs] ceph: multiple updates
Security Fix(es) :
* A flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's ASN.1 DER decoder processed certain certificate files with tags of indefinite length. A local, unprivileged user could use a specially crafted X.509 certificate DER file to crash the system or, potentially, escalate their privileges on the system. (CVE-2016-0758, Important)
Red Hat would like to thank Philip Pettersson of Samsung for reporting this issue.
Bug Fix(es) :
* The hotplug lock and the console semaphore could be acquired in an incorrect order, which could previously lead to a deadlock causing the system console to freeze. The underlying code has been adjusted to acquire the locks in the correct order, resolving the bug with the console. (BZ# 1267425)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.