VMware ESX / ESXi Multiple Vulnerabilities (VMSA-2009-0014) (remote check)
Critical Nessus Plugin ID 89116
SynopsisThe remote host is missing a security-related patch.
DescriptionThe remote VMware ESX / ESXi host is missing a security-related patch.
It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities, including remote code execution vulnerabilities, in the following components :
- ISC DHCP dhclient
- Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) subsystem
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
- Java SE Development Kit (JDK)
- Java SE Web Start
- Linux kernel
- Linux kernel 32-bit and 64-bit emulation
- Linux kernel Simple Internet Transition INET6
- Linux kernel tty
- Linux kernel virtual file system (VFS)
- Red Hat dhcpd init script for DHCP
- SBNI WAN driver
SolutionApply the appropriate patch according to the vendor advisory that pertains to ESX / ESXi version 3.5 / 4.0.