New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.4
SynopsisThe remote host has a web browser installed that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Internet Explorer installed on the remote host is missing Cumulative Security Update 3134220. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- A remote code execution vulnerability exists due to improper validation of input when loading dynamic link library (DLL) files. A local attacker can exploit this, via a specially crafted application, to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-0041)
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists in the Hyperlink Object Library due to improper handling of objects in memory. A remote attacker can exploit this by convincing a user to click a link in an email or Office file, resulting in the disclosure of memory contents.
- Multiple remote code execution vulnerabilities exist due to improper handling of objects in memory. A remote attacker can exploit these vulnerabilities by convincing a user to visit a specially crafted website, resulting in the execution of arbitrary code in the context of the current user. (CVE-2016-0060, CVE-2016-0061, CVE-2016-0062, CVE-2016-0063, CVE-2016-0064, CVE-2016-0067, CVE-2016-0071, CVE-2016-0072)
- A spoofing vulnerability exists due to improper parsing of HTTP responses. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this, via a specially crafted URL, to redirect a user to a malicious website. (CVE-2016-0077)
- Multiple elevation of privilege vulnerabilities exist due to improper enforcement of cross-domain policies. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this by convincing a user to visit a specially crafted website, resulting in an elevation of privilege. (CVE-2016-0068, CVE-2016-0069)
SolutionMicrosoft has released a set of patches for Windows Vista, 2008, 7, 2008 R2, 2012, 8.1, RT 8.1, 2012 R2, and 10.