New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6
SynopsisThe remote OracleVM host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote OracleVM system is missing necessary patches to address critical security updates :
- Update doc/redhat.gif in tarball
- Add libxml2-oracle-enterprise.patch and update logos in tarball
- Fix a series of CVEs (rhbz#1286495)
- CVE-2015-7941 Cleanup conditional section error handling
- CVE-2015-8317 Fail parsing early on if encoding conversion failed
- CVE-2015-7942 Another variation of overflow in Conditional sections
- CVE-2015-7942 Fix an error in previous Conditional section patch
- Fix parsing short unclosed comment uninitialized access
- CVE-2015-7498 Avoid processing entities after encoding conversion failures
- CVE-2015-7497 Avoid an heap buffer overflow in xmlDictComputeFastQKey
- CVE-2015-5312 Another entity expansion issue
- CVE-2015-7499 Add xmlHaltParser to stop the parser
- CVE-2015-7499 Detect incoherency on GROW
- CVE-2015-7500 Fix memory access error due to incorrect entities boundaries
- CVE-2015-8242 Buffer overead with HTML parser in push mode
- Libxml violates the zlib interface and crashes
SolutionUpdate the affected libxml2 / libxml2-python packages.