Scientific Linux Security Update : kernel on SL7.x x86_64
High Nessus Plugin ID 85960
SynopsisThe remote Scientific Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
Description* A flaw was found in the kernel's implementation of the Berkeley Packet Filter (BPF). A local attacker could craft BPF code to crash the system by creating a situation in which the JIT compiler would fail to correctly optimize the JIT image on the last pass. This would lead to the CPU executing instructions that were not part of the JIT code. (CVE-2015-4700, Important)
* Two flaws were found in the way the Linux kernel's networking implementation handled UDP packets with incorrect checksum values. A remote attacker could potentially use these flaws to trigger an infinite loop in the kernel, resulting in a denial of service on the system, or cause a denial of service in applications using the edge triggered epoll functionality. (CVE-2015-5364, CVE-2015-5366, Important)
* A flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's ext4 file system handled the 'page size > block size' condition when the fallocate zero range functionality was used. A local attacker could use this flaw to crash the system. (CVE-2015-0275, Moderate)
* It was found that the Linux kernel's keyring implementation would leak memory when adding a key to a keyring via the add_key() function.
A local attacker could use this flaw to exhaust all available memory on the system. (CVE-2015-1333, Moderate)
* A race condition flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's SCTP implementation handled Address Configuration lists when performing Address Configuration Change (ASCONF). A local attacker could use this flaw to crash the system via a race condition triggered by setting certain ASCONF options on a socket. (CVE-2015-3212, Moderate)
* An information leak flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's Virtual Dynamic Shared Object (vDSO) implementation performed address randomization. A local, unprivileged user could use this flaw to leak kernel memory addresses to user-space. (CVE-2014-9585, Low)
This update also fixes several bugs.
The system must be rebooted for this update to take effect.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.