PHP 5.4.x < 5.4.45 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 85885
SynopsisThe remote web server uses a version of PHP that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its banner, the version of PHP running on the remote web server is 5.4.x prior to 5.4.45. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A directory traversal vulnerability in the ZipArchive::extractTo function in ext/zip/php_zip.c could allow a remote attacker to create arbitrary empty directories via a crafted ZIP archive.
- Multiple use-after-free memory errors exist related to the unserialize() function. A remote attacker can exploit these errors to execute arbitrary code.
- A use-after-free memory error exists related to the php_var_unserialize() function. A remote attacker, using a crafted serialize string, can exploit this to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-6835)
- A type confusion error exists related to the serialize_function_call() function due to improper validation of the headers field. A remote attacker can exploit this to have unspecified impact. (CVE-2015-6836)
- Multiple flaws exist in the XSLTProcessor class due to improper validation of input from the libxslt library. A remote attacker can exploit thse flaws to have an unspecified impact. (CVE-2015-6837, CVE-2015-6838)
- A flaw exists in the php_zip_extract_file() function in file php_zip.c due to improper sanitization of user-supplied input. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this to create arbitrary directories outside of the restricted path.
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade to PHP version 5.4.45 or later.