Debian DSA-3344-1 : php5 - security update
Critical Nessus Plugin ID 85664
SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionMultiple vulnerabilities have been discovered in the PHP language :
- CVE-2015-4598 thoger at redhat dot com discovered that paths containing a NUL character were improperly handled, thus allowing an attacker to manipulate unexpected files on the server.
- CVE-2015-4643 Max Spelsberg discovered an integer overflow flaw leading to a heap-based buffer overflow in PHP's FTP extension, when parsing listings in FTP server responses. This could lead to a a crash or execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2015-4644 A denial of service through a crash could be caused by a segfault in the php_pgsql_meta_data function.
- CVE-2015-5589 kwrnel at hotmail dot com discovered that PHP could crash when processing an invalid phar file, thus leading to a denial of service.
- CVE-2015-5590 jared at enhancesoft dot com discovered a buffer overflow in the phar_fix_filepath function, that could causes a crash or execution of arbitrary code.
- Additionally, several other vulnerabilites were fixed :
sean dot heelan at gmail dot com discovered a problem in the unserialization of some items, that could lead to arbitrary code execution.
stewie at mail dot ru discovered that the phar extension improperly handled zip archives with relative paths, which would allow an attacker to overwrite files outside of the destination directory.
taoguangchen at icloud dot com discovered several use-after-free vulnerabilities that could lead to arbitrary code execution.
SolutionUpgrade the php5 packages.
For the oldstable distribution (wheezy), these problems have been fixed in version 5.4.44-0+deb7u1.
For the stable distribution (jessie), these problems have been fixed in version 5.6.12+dfsg-0+deb8u1.