Scientific Linux Security Update : libreoffice on SL6.x i386/x86_64
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 85199
SynopsisThe remote Scientific Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionA flaw was found in the way the LibreOffice HWP (Hangul Word Processor) file filter processed certain HWP documents. An attacker able to trick a user into opening a specially crafted HWP document could possibly use this flaw to execute arbitrary code with the privileges of the user opening that document. (CVE-2015-1774)
The libreoffice packages have been upgraded to upstream version 22.214.171.124, which provides a number of bug fixes and enhancements over the previous version, including :
- OpenXML interoperability has been improved.
- This update adds additional statistics functions to the Calc application, thus improving interoperability with Microsoft Excel and its 'Analysis ToolPak' add-in.
- Various performance improvements have been implemented in Calc.
- This update adds new import filters for importing files from the Appple Keynote and Abiword applications.
- The export filter for the MathML markup language has been improved.
- This update adds a new start screen that includes thumbnails of recently opened documents.
- A visual clue is now displayed in the Slide Sorter window for slides with transitions or animations.
- This update improves trend lines in charts.
- LibreOffice now supports BCP 47 language tags.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.