Oracle Linux 6 : libreoffice (ELSA-2015-1458)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 85110
SynopsisThe remote Oracle Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionFrom Red Hat Security Advisory 2015:1458 :
Updated libreoffice packages that fix one security issue, several bugs, and add various enhancements are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having Moderate security impact. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available from the CVE link in the References section.
LibreOffice is an open source, community-developed office productivity suite. It includes key desktop applications, such as a word processor, a spreadsheet, a presentation manager, a formula editor, and a drawing program. LibreOffice replaces OpenOffice and provides a similar but enhanced and extended office suite.
A flaw was found in the way the LibreOffice HWP (Hangul Word Processor) file filter processed certain HWP documents. An attacker able to trick a user into opening a specially crafted HWP document could possibly use this flaw to execute arbitrary code with the privileges of the user opening that document. (CVE-2015-1774)
The libreoffice packages have been upgraded to upstream version 184.108.40.206, which provides a number of bug fixes and enhancements over the previous version, including :
* OpenXML interoperability has been improved.
* This update adds additional statistics functions to the Calc application, thus improving interoperability with Microsoft Excel and its 'Analysis ToolPak' add-in.
* Various performance improvements have been implemented in Calc.
* This update adds new import filters for importing files from the Appple Keynote and Abiword applications.
* The export filter for the MathML markup language has been improved.
* This update adds a new start screen that includes thumbnails of recently opened documents.
* A visual clue is now displayed in the Slide Sorter window for slides with transitions or animations.
* This update improves trend lines in charts.
* LibreOffice now supports BCP 47 language tags.
For a complete list of bug fixes and enhancements provided by this rebase, see the libreoffice change log linked from the References section. (BZ#1150048)
Users of libreoffice are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which correct these issues and add these enhancements.
SolutionUpdate the affected libreoffice packages.