Induction Automation Ignition Multiple Vulnerabilities
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 83952
SynopsisThe remote host is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Induction Automation Ignition listening on the remote host is affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- A cross-site scripting vulnerability exists in Java Web Start when adding any symbols to web requests for starting Java applets. A remote attacker can exploit this to inject malicious input and include JNLP files.
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists due to error messages generated by unhandled exceptions.
- OPC server credentials may be insecurely stored in plain text. (CVE-2015-0992)
- Sessions are not properly terminated by the web interface after logout, allowing a remote attacker to reuse the session to gain unauthorized access.
- Resetting the session ID parameter using an HTTP request allows an attacker to bypass prevention mechanisms for brute force login attacks. (CVE-2015-0994)
- A weak hashing algorithm (MD5) is used for storing password information in the authentication database, thus allowing easier brute-force attacks to gain access. (CVE-2015-0995)
SolutionUpgrade to Ignition 7.5.14 / 7.7.4.