SynopsisThe remote Windows host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Firefox ESR 31.x installed on the remote Windows host is prior to 31.7. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A privilege escalation vulnerability exists in the Inter-process Communications (IPC) implementation due to a failure to validate the identity of a listener process. (CVE-2011-3079)
- Multiple memory corruption issues exist within the browser engine. A remote attacker can exploit these to corrupt memory and execute arbitrary code.
- A buffer overflow condition exists in SVGTextFrame.cpp when rendering SVG graphics that are combined with certain CSS properties due to improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker can exploit this to cause a heap-based buffer overflow, resulting in the execution of arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-2710)
- A use-after-free error exists due to improper processing of text when vertical text is enabled. A remote attacker can exploit this to dereference already freed memory.
- A buffer overflow condition exists in the XML_GetBuffer() function in xmlparse.c due to improper validation of user-supplied input when handling compressed XML content. An attacker can exploit this to cause a buffer overflow, resulting in the execution of arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-2716)
SolutionUpgrade to Firefox ESR 31.7 or later.