SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionUpdated kernel-rt packages that fix one security issue, several bugs, and add various enhancements are now available for Red Hat Enterprise MRG 2.5.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having Important security impact. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available from the CVE link in the References section.
The kernel-rt packages contain the Linux kernel, the core of any Linux operating system.
* A buffer overflow flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's Intel AES-NI instructions optimized version of the RFC4106 GCM mode decryption functionality handled fragmented packets. A remote attacker could use this flaw to crash, or potentially escalate their privileges on, a system over a connection with an active AEC-GCM mode IPSec security association. (CVE-2015-3331, Important)
This update provides a build of the kernel-rt package for Red Hat Enterprise MRG 2.5, which is layered on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
The kernel-rt sources have been updated to include fixes for the following issues :
* Audit subsystem not resolving path name on directory watches
* audit watches do not track correctly after a rename
* auditctl output is changed in RHEL 7
* megaraid_sas: non-booting system with intel_iommu=on kernel parameter
* GFS2: kernel NULL pointer dereference in gfs2_inplace_reserve
* Crypto adapter cannot be brought online - affect all HW
* crypto/seqiv.c: wrong check of return code from crypto_rng_get_bytes
* Backport crypto: sha256_ssse3 - also test for BMI2
* NULL pointer at team_handle_frame+0x62/0x100 [team]
* AES CTR x86_64 'by8' AVX optimization
* Intel RDSEED - Fix for entropy counting
* Intel SHA1 multi-buffer crypto implementation
* Intel SHA1 AVX2 optimization support
* mlx4_en: HW timestamp ends up in error queue of socket which does not have SO_TIMESTAMPING enabled
All kernel-rt users are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which correct these issues and add these enhancements. The system must be rebooted for this update to take effect.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.