SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
DescriptionClamAV 0.98.7 =============
This release contains new scanning features and bug fixes.
- Improvements to PDF processing: decryption, escape sequence handling, and file property collection.
- Scanning/analysis of additional Microsoft Office 2003 XML format.
- Fix infinite loop condition on crafted y0da cryptor file. Identified and patch suggested by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior. CVE-2015-2221.
- Fix crash on crafted petite packed file. Reported and patch supplied by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior.
- Fix false negatives on files within iso9660 containers. This issue was reported by Minzhuan Gong.
- Fix a couple crashes on crafted upack packed file.
Identified and patches supplied by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior.
- Fix a crash during algorithmic detection on crafted PE file. Identified and patch supplied by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior.
- Fix an infinite loop condition on a crafted 'xz' archive file. This was reported by Dimitri Kirchner and Goulven Guiheux. CVE-2015-2668.
- Fix compilation error after ./configure
--disable-pthreads. Reported and fix suggested by John E. Krokes.
- Apply upstream patch for possible heap overflow in Henry Spencer's regex library. CVE-2015-2305.
- Fix crash in upx decoder with crafted file. Discovered and patch supplied by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior.
- Fix segfault scanning certain HTML files. Reported with sample by Kai Risku.
- Improve detections within xar/pkg files.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected clamav package.