New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe antivirus service running on the remote host is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its version, the ClamAV clamd antivirus daemon on the remote host is prior to 0.98.7. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- An unspecified flaw exists in the pefromupx() function in upx.c. A remote attacker can exploit this flaw, via a specially crafted file, to crash the application.
- An unspecified flaw exists in the yc_poly_emulator() function in yc.c. A remote attacker can exploit this flaw, via a specially crafted y0da cryptor file, to cause an infinite loop and application hang.
- An unspecified flaw exists in the cli_scanpe() function in pe.c. A remote attacker can exploit this, via a specially crafted petite packer file, to crash the program. (CVE-2015-2222)
- An integer overflow condition exists in the bundled Henry Spencer regex library in the regcomp() function in regcomp.c due to improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker can exploit this to cause a buffer overflow, resulting in a denial of service or the execution of arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-2305)
- An unspecified flaw exists when handling specially crafted xz archive files. A remote attacker can exploit this to cause an infinite loop. (CVE-2015-2668)
SolutionUpgrade to ClamAV 0.98.7 or later.