New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote service is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its banner, the remote web server uses a version of OpenSSL 0.9.8 prior to 0.9.8zf. The OpenSSL library is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A use-after-free condition exists in the d2i_ECPrivateKey() function due to improper processing of malformed EC private key files during import. A remote attacker can exploit this to dereference or free already freed memory, resulting in a denial of service or other unspecified impact. (CVE-2015-0209)
- An invalid read flaw exists in the ASN1_TYPE_cmp() function due to improperly performed boolean-type comparisons. A remote attacker can exploit this, via a crafted X.509 certificate to an endpoint that uses the certificate-verification feature, to cause an invalid read operation, resulting in a denial of service.
- A flaw exists in the ASN1_item_ex_d2i() function due to a failure to reinitialize 'CHOICE' and 'ADB' data structures when reusing a structure in ASN.1 parsing.
This allows a remote attacker to cause an invalid write operation and memory corruption, resulting in a denial of service. (CVE-2015-0287)
- A NULL pointer dereference flaw exists in the X509_to_X509_REQ() function due to improper processing of certificate keys. This allows a remote attacker, via a crafted X.509 certificate, to cause a denial of service. (CVE-2015-0288)
- A NULL pointer dereference flaw exists in the PKCS#7 parsing code due to incorrect handling of missing outer ContentInfo. This allows a remote attacker, using an application that processes arbitrary PKCS#7 data and providing malformed data with ASN.1 encoding, to cause a denial of service. (CVE-2015-0289)
- A flaw exists in servers that both support SSLv2 and enable export cipher suites due to improper implementation of SSLv2. A remote attacker can exploit this, via a crafted CLIENT-MASTER-KEY message, to cause a denial of service. (CVE-2015-0293)
- A key disclosure vulnerability exists in the SSLv2 implementation in the get_client_master_key() function due to the acceptance of a nonzero CLIENT-MASTER-KEY CLEAR-KEY-LENGTH value for an arbitrary cipher. A man-in-the-middle attacker can exploit this to determine the MASTER-KEY value and decrypt TLS ciphertext data by leveraging a Bleichenbacher RSA padding oracle.
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists in the SSLv2 implementation in the get_client_master_key() function due to incorrectly overwriting MASTER-KEY bytes during use of export cipher suites. A remote attacker can exploit this to create a Bleichenbacher oracle.
SolutionUpgrade to OpenSSL 0.9.8zf or later.