PHP 5.4.x < 5.4.39 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 82025
SynopsisThe remote web server uses a version of PHP that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its banner, the version of PHP 5.4.x installed on the remote host is prior to 5.4.39. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- A use-after-free error exists related to function 'unserialize', which can allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code. Note that this issue is due to an incomplete fix for CVE-2014-8142. (CVE-2015-0231)
- An integer overflow error exists in function 'regcomp' in the Henry Spencer regex library, due to improper validation of user-supplied input. An attacker can exploit this to cause a denial of service or to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-2305)
- An integer overflow error exists in the '_zip_cdir_new' function, due to improper validation of user-supplied input. An attacker, using a crafted ZIP archive, can exploit this to cause a denial of service or to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-2331)
- A filter bypass vulnerability exists due to a flaw in the move_uploaded_file() function in which pathnames are truncated when a NULL byte is encountered. This allows a remote attacker, via a crafted second argument, to bypass intended extension restrictions and create files with unexpected names. (CVE-2015-2348)
- A user-after-free error exists in the process_nested_data() function. This allows a remote attacker, via a crafted unserialize call, to dereference already freed memory, resulting in the execution of arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-2787)
- A type confusion vulnerability in the SoapClient's __call() function in ext/soap/soap.c could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code by providing crafted serialized data with an unexpected data type (CVE-2015-4147, CVE-2015-4148)
Note that Nessus has not attempted to exploit these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade to PHP version 5.4.39 or later.