Flash Player For Mac <= 126.96.36.1996 Unspecified Code Execution (APSA15-02 / APSB15-04)
High Nessus Plugin ID 81128
SynopsisThe remote Mac OS X host has a browser plugin that is affected by multiple code execution vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its version, the Adobe Flash Player installed on the remote Mac OS X host is equal or prior to 188.8.131.526. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Several use-after-free errors exist that allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-0313, CVE-2015-0315, CVE-2015-0320, CVE-2015-0322)
- Several memory corruption errors exist that allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-0314, CVE-2015-0316, CVE-2015-0318, CVE-2015-0321, CVE-2015-0329, CVE-2015-0330)
- Several type confusion errors exist that allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-0317, CVE-2015-0319)
- Several heap-based buffer-overflow errors exist that allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-0323, CVE-2015-0327)
- A buffer overflow error exists that allows arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-0324)
- Several null pointer dereference errors exist that have unspecified impacts. (CVE-2015-0325, CVE-2015-0326, CVE-2015-0328).
- A user-after-free error exists within the processing of invalid m3u8 playlists. A remote attacker, with a specially crafted m3u8 playlist file, can force a dangling pointer to be reused after it has been freed, allowing the execution of arbitrary code.
SolutionUpgrade to Adobe Flash Player version 184.108.40.2065 or later.
Alternatively, Adobe has made version 220.127.116.119 available for those installations that cannot be upgraded to 16.x.