SynopsisThe remote OracleVM host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote OracleVM system is missing necessary patches to address critical security updates :
- Switch to use malloc when the input line is too long [Orabug 19951108]
- Use a /sys/devices/system/cpu/online for
_SC_NPROCESSORS_ONLN implementation [Orabug 17642251] (Joe Jin)
- Fix parsing of numeric hosts in gethostbyname_r (CVE-2015-0235, #1183532).
- Remove gconv transliteration loadable modules support (CVE-2014-5119, - _nl_find_locale: Improve handling of crafted locale names (CVE-2014-0475,
- Fix patch for integer overflows in *valloc and memalign.
- Fix return code when starting an already started nscd daemon (#979413).
- Fix getnameinfo for many PTR record queries (#1020486).
- Return EINVAL error for negative sizees to getgroups (#995207).
- Fix integer overflows in *valloc and memalign.
- Add support for newer L3 caches on x86-64 and correctly count the number of hardware threads sharing a cacheline (#1003420).
- Revert incomplete fix for bug #758193.
- Fix _nl_find_msg malloc failure case, and callers (#957089).
- Test on init_fct, not result->__init_fct, after demangling (#816647).
- Don't handle ttl == 0 specially (#929035).
- Fix multibyte character processing crash in regexp (CVE-2013-0242, #951132)
- Fix getaddrinfo stack overflow resulting in application crash (CVE-2013-1914, #951132)
- Add missing patch to avoid use after free (#816647)
- Fix race in initgroups compat_call (#706571)
- Fix return value from getaddrinfo when servers are down.
- Fix fseek on wide character streams. Sync's seeking code with RHEL 6 (#835828)
- Call feraiseexcept only if exceptions are not masked (#861871).
- Always demangle function before checking for NULL value.
- Do not fail in ttyname if /proc is not available (#851450).
- Fix errno for various overflow situations in vfprintf.
Add missing overflow checks. (#857387)
- Handle failure of _nl_explode_name in all cases (#848481)
- Define the default fuzz factor to 2 to make it easier to manipulate RHEL 5 RPMs on RHEL 6 and newer systems.
- Fix race in intl/* testsuite (#849202)
- Fix out of bounds array access in strto* exposed by 847930 patch.
- Really fix POWER4 strncmp crash (#766832).
- Fix integer overflow leading to buffer overflow in strto* (#847930)
- Fix race in msort/qsort (#843672)
- Fix regression due to 797096 changes (#845952)
- Do not use PT_IEEE_IP ptrace calls (#839572)
- Update ULPs (#837852)
- Fix various transcendentals in non-default rounding modes (#837852)
- Fix unbound alloca in vfprintf (#826947)
- Fix iconv segfault if the invalid multibyte character 0xffff is input when converting from IBM930. (#823905)
- Fix fnmatch when '*' wildcard is applied on a file name containing multibyte chars. (#819430)
- Fix unbound allocas use in glob_in_dir, getaddrinfo and others. (#797096)
- Fix segfault when running ld.so --verify on some DSO's in current working directory. (#808342)
- Incorrect initialization order for dynamic loader (#813348)
- Fix return code when stopping already stopped nscd daemon (#678227)
- Remove MAP_32BIT for pthread stack mappings, use MAP_STACK instead (#641094)
- Fix setuid vs sighandler_setxid race (#769852)
- Fix access after end of search string in regex matcher (#757887)
- Fix POWER4 strncmp crash (#766832)
- Fix SC_*CACHE detection for X5670 cpus (#692182)
- Fix parsing IPV6 entries in /etc/resolv.conf (#703239)
- Fix double-free in nss_nis code (#500767)
- Add kernel VDSO support for s390x (#795896)
- Fix race in malloc arena creation and make implementation match documented behaviour (#800240)
- Do not override TTL of CNAME with TTL of its alias (#808014)
- Fix short month names in fi_FI locale #(657266).
- Fix nscd crash for group with large number of members (#788989)
- Fix Slovakia currency (#799853)
- Fix getent malloc failure check (#806403)
- Fix short month names in zh_CN locale (#657588)
- Fix decimal point symbol for Portuguese currency (#710216)
- Avoid integer overflow in sbrk (#767358)
- Avoid race between [,__de]allocate_stack and
__reclaim_stacks during fork (#738665)
- Fix race between IO_flush_all_lockp & pthread_cancel (#751748)
- Fix memory leak in NIS endgrent (#809325)
- Allow getaddr to accept SCTP socket types in hints (#765710)
- Fix errno handling in vfprintf (#794814)
- Filter out <built-in> when building file lists (#784646).
- Avoid 'nargs' integer overflow which could be used to bypass FORTIFY_SOURCE (#794814)
- Fix currency_symbol for uk_UA (#639000)
SolutionUpdate the affected glibc / glibc-common / nscd packages.