ESXi 5.5 < Build 2352327 Multiple Vulnerabilities (remote check) (POODLE)
High Nessus Plugin ID 81085
SynopsisThe remote VMware ESXi 5.5 host is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe remote VMware ESXi host is version 5.5 prior to build 2352327. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- An error exists related to DTLS SRTP extension handling and specially crafted handshake messages that can allow denial of service attacks via memory leaks.
- An error exists related to the way SSL 3.0 handles padding bytes when decrypting messages encrypted using block ciphers in cipher block chaining (CBC) mode. A man-in-the-middle attacker can decrypt a selected byte of a cipher text in as few as 256 tries if they are able to force a victim application to repeatedly send the same data over newly created SSL 3.0 connections. This is also known as the 'POODLE' issue. (CVE-2014-3566)
- An error exists related to session ticket handling that can allow denial of service attacks via memory leaks.
- An error exists related to the build configuration process and the 'no-ssl3' build option that allows servers and clients to process insecure SSL 3.0 handshake messages. (CVE-2014-3568)
- A denial of service vulnerability in libxml2 due to entity expansion even when entity substitution is disabled. A remote attacker, using a crafted XML document containing larger number of nested entity references, can cause the consumption of CPU resources.
- An unspecified privilege escalation vulnerability.
- An unspecified denial of service vulnerability due to an input validation issue in the VMware Authorization process (vmware-authd). (CVE-2015-1044)
SolutionApply patch ESXi550-201403102-SG and ESXi550-201501101-SG for ESXi 5.5.