SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionSeveral vulnerabilities have been discovered in the Linux kernel that may lead to a denial of service or information leaks.
- CVE-2013-6885 It was discovered that under specific circumstances, a combination of write operations to write-combined memory and locked CPU instructions may cause a core hang on AMD 16h 00h through 0Fh processors. A local user can use this flaw to mount a denial of service (system hang) via a crafted application.
For more information please refer to the AMD CPU erratum 793 in http://support.amd.com/TechDocs/51810_16h_00h-0Fh_Rev_Guide.pdf
- CVE-2014-8133 It was found that the espfix funcionality can be bypassed by installing a 16-bit RW data segment into GDT instead of LDT (which espfix checks for) and using it for stack. A local unprivileged user could potentially use this flaw to leak kernel stack addresses and thus allowing to bypass the ASLR protection mechanism.
- CVE-2014-9419 It was found that on Linux kernels compiled with the 32 bit interfaces (CONFIG_X86_32) a malicious user program can do a partial ASLR bypass through TLS base addresses leak when attacking other programs.
- CVE-2014-9529 It was discovered that the Linux kernel is affected by a race condition flaw when doing key garbage collection, allowing local users to cause a denial of service (memory corruption or panic).
- CVE-2014-9584 It was found that the Linux kernel does not validate a length value in the Extensions Reference (ER) System Use Field, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory via a crafted iso9660 image.
SolutionUpgrade the linux packages.
For the stable distribution (wheezy), these problems have been fixed in version 3.2.65-1+deb7u1. Additionally this update fixes a suspend/resume regression introduced with 3.2.65.
For the upcoming stable distribution (jessie) and the unstable distribution (sid), these problems will be fixed soon.
File Name: debian_DSA-3128.nasl
Supported Sensors: Agentless Assessment, Frictionless Assessment Agent, Nessus Agent
CPE: p-cpe:/a:debian:debian_linux:linux, cpe:/o:debian:debian_linux:7.0
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/Debian/release, Host/Debian/dpkg-l
Exploit Ease: No known exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 1/15/2015
Vulnerability Publication Date: 11/28/2013