New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.6
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing one or more security updates.
Description- SSLv3 server connections are now disabled by default, in response to the POODLE vulnerability, see https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2014- 3566.
- Several PGP/Core plugin improvements
- A new version of the RSSyl plugin, completely redesigned and rewritten.
- The results of TAB address completion in the Compose window have improved ordering.
- Due to popular demand, use of the Up key in the message body in the Compose window stops at the top of the message body and does not continue up to the header fields. This reverts the behaviour introduced in version 3.10.0.
- In the Compose window, when navigating with the arrow keys, selecting, and thus modifying, the Account selector is now prevented.
- In the Compose window, a mnemonic (s) has been added to the Subject line.
- The Queue folder is highlighted if there are messages in its sub-folders and the tree is collapsed.
- When sorting messages by 'thread date', clicking the 'Date' column header will now toggle between ascending/descending and will not switch to 'date' sorting.
- A new QuickSearch filter has been added that searches a header's content only. H S : messages which contain S in the value of any header.
- A Reply-To field has been added to the main Template configuration.
- The menubar can now be hidden, default hotkey: F12.
- Fancy plugin: A user-controlled stylesheet can now be used.
- Python plugin: Add flag attributes to MessageInfo object.
- Python plugin: Make 'account' property of ComposeWindow read/write.
- Libravatar plugin: a network timeout option has been added.
- Use 'gnutls_priority' hidden account preference for POP3 and STARTTLS connections, in addition to SMTP.
- RSSyl plugin: Enable use of .netrc to store network credentials.
- The tbird2claws.py script, for converting a Thunderbird mailbox to a Claws Mail mailbox, now handles sub-directory recursion.
- Updated translations
- Various Bugfixes New in 3.10.1 :
- Add an account preference to allow automatically accepting unknown and changed SSL certificates, if they're valid (that is, if the root CA is trusted by the distro).
- RFE 3196, 'When changing quicksearch Search Type, set focus to search input box'
- PGP/Core plugin: Generate 2048 bit RSA keys.
- Major code cleanup.
- Extended claws-mail.desktop with Compose and Receive actions.
- Updated Bulgarian, Brazilian Portuguese, Czech, Dutch, Esperanto, Finnish, French, German,Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Lithuanian, Slovak, Spanish, and Swedish translations.
- Bug fixes
New in 3.10.0 :
- Complete SSL certificate chains are now saved, and if built with Libetpan 1.4.1, the IMAP SSL connection's certificate chain is made available. Both of these allow correct certificate verification instead of a bogus 'No certificate issuer found' status.
- Auto-configuration of account email servers, based on SRV records, is now possible. (GLib >= 2.22 is required.)
- Added a preference to avoid automatically drafting emails that are to be sent encrypted, (Configuration/Preferences/Compose/Writing).
- Messages saved as Drafts are now saved as New, highlighting the Drafts folder, in order to draw the attention to unfinished mails there.
- It is now possible to add a 'Replace signature' button to the Compose window toolbar.
- Quotation wrapping and undo/redo in the Compose window has been improved.
- 'Reply to all' now excludes your own address.
- The 'Generate X-Mailer header' option has been renamed 'Add user agent header' and applies to both X-Mailer and X-Newsreader headers.
- Added hidden preferences, 'address_search_wildcard' and 'folder_search_wildcard', to choose between matching from start of the folder name/address or any part of the name. (Activating these options restores the previous behaviour.)
- Added hidden preference 'enable_avatars' to control the internal capture/render process, and which allows disabling it by external plugins for example.
- 'Check for new folders' now only updates the folder list, not updating the contents of folders. If needed, it can be followed by 'Check for new messages'
- When using Redirect, the redirecting account's address is used in the SMTP MAIL FROM instead of the original sender's address.
- NEW: Libravatar plugin, which displays avatars from https://www.libravatar.org/
- Added support for an arbitrary number and sources of 'avatars' and images for email senders, and migrated Face and X-Face headers.
- Avatars are now included when printing mails.
- The GPG keyring can now be used as the source for address auto-completion.
- The vCalendar and RSSyl plugins now have an option to disable SSL certificate verification (and check them by default).
- The ClamAV plugin now pops up an error message only once instead of repeatedly
- Updated the man page and the manual.
- Updated Brazilian Portuguese, British English, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Lithuanian, Slovak, Spanish, and Swedish translations.
- Added Esperanto translation.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected claws-mail, claws-mail-plugins and / or libetpan packages.