Mozilla Thunderbird < 31.3 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 79666
SynopsisThe remote Windows host contains a mail client that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Thunderbird installed on the remote Windows host is a version prior to 31.3. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A remote code execution vulnerability exists in Mozilla Network Security Services (NSS) due to a flaw in 'quickder.c' that is triggered when handling PKCS#1 signatures during the decoding of ASN.1 DER.
- Multiple memory safety flaws exist within the browser engine. Exploiting these, an attacker can cause a denial of service or execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2014-1587, CVE-2014-1588)
- A use-after-free error exists due the creation of a second XML root element when parsing HTML written to a document created with 'document.open()' function which can result in arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2014-1592)
- A buffer overflow vulnerability exists in the 'mozilla::FileBlockCache::Read' function when parsing media which can result in arbitrary code execution.
- A casting error exists when casting from the 'BasicThebesLayer' layer to the 'BasicContainerLayer' layer which can result in arbitrary code execution.
SolutionUpgrade to Thunderbird 31.3 or later.