SynopsisThe remote OracleVM host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote OracleVM system is missing necessary patches to address critical security updates :
CVE-2009-1192 The (1) agp_generic_alloc_page and (2) agp_generic_alloc_pages functions in drivers/char/agp/generic.c in the agp subsystem in the Linux kernel before 2.6.30-rc3 do not zero out pages that may later be available to a user-space process, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information by reading these pages.
CVE-2009-1072 nfsd in the Linux kernel before 18.104.22.168 does not drop the CAP_MKNOD capability before handling a user request in a thread, which allows local users to create device nodes, as demonstrated on a filesystem that has been exported with the root_squash option.
CVE-2009-1758 The hypervisor_callback function in Xen, possibly before 3.4.0, as applied to the Linux kernel 2.6.30-rc4, 2.6.18, and probably other versions allows guest user applications to cause a denial of service (kernel oops) of the guest OS by triggering a segmentation fault in 'certain address ranges.'
CVE-2009-1439 Buffer overflow in fs/cifs/connect.c in CIFS in the Linux kernel 2.6.29 and earlier allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via a long nativeFileSystem field in a Tree Connect response to an SMB mount request.
CVE-2009-1633 Multiple buffer overflows in the cifs subsystem in the Linux kernel before 22.214.171.124 allow remote CIFS servers to cause a denial of service (memory corruption) and possibly have unspecified other impact via (1) a malformed Unicode string, related to Unicode string area alignment in fs/cifs/sess.c or (2) long Unicode characters, related to fs/cifs/cifssmb.c and the cifs_readdir function in fs/cifs/readdir.c.
CVE-2009-1630 The nfs_permission function in fs/nfs/dir.c in the NFS client implementation in the Linux kernel 126.96.36.199 and earlier, when atomic_open is available, does not check execute (aka EXEC or MAY_EXEC) permission bits, which allows local users to bypass permissions and execute files, as demonstrated by files on an NFSv4 fileserver.
- [agp] zero pages before sending to userspace (Jiri Olsa) [497025 497026] (CVE-2009-1192)
- [misc] add some long-missing capabilities to CAP_FS_MASK (Eric Paris) [499075 497271 499076 497272] (CVE-2009-1072)
- [x86] xen: fix local denial of service (Chris Lalancette) [500950 500951] (CVE-2009-1758)
- [fs] cifs: unicode alignment and buffer sizing problems (Jeff Layton) [494279 494280] (CVE-2009-1439)
- [fs] cifs: buffer overruns when converting strings (Jeff Layton) [496576 496577] (CVE-2009-1633)
- [fs] cifs: fix error handling in parse_DFS_referrals (Jeff Layton) [496576 496577] (CVE-2009-1633)
- [fs] cifs: fix pointer and checks in cifs_follow_symlink (Jeff Layton) [496576 496577] (CVE-2009-1633)
- [nfs] v4: client handling of MAY_EXEC in nfs_permission (Peter Staubach) [500301 500302] (CVE-2009-1630)
- backport cifs support from OEL5U3
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.