Flash Player For Mac <= 22.214.171.124 Multiple Vulnerabilities (APSB14-24)
High Nessus Plugin ID 79143
SynopsisThe remote Mac OS X host has a browser plugin that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its version, the installation of Adobe Flash Player installed on the remote Mac OS X host is equal or prior to 126.96.36.199.
It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Multiple memory corruption vulnerabilities allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2014-0576, CVE-2014-0581, CVE-2014-8440, CVE-2014-8441)
- Multiple use-after-free vulnerabilities could result in arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2014-0573, CVE-2014-0588, CVE-2014-8438, CVE-2014-0574)
- Multiple type confusion vulnerabilities could result in arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2014-0577, CVE-2014-0584, CVE-2014-0585, CVE-2014-0586, CVE-2014-0590)
- Multiple heap-based buffer overflow vulnerabilities can be exploited to execute arbitrary code or elevate privileges. (CVE-2014-0583, CVE-2014-0582, CVE-2014-0589)
- A permission issue that allows a remote attacker to gain elevated privileges. (CVE-2014-8442)
- An information disclosure vulnerability can be exploited to disclose secret session tokens. (CVE-2014-8437)
SolutionUpgrade to Adobe Flash Player version 188.8.131.52 or later.
Alternatively, Adobe has made version 184.108.40.206 available for those installations that cannot be upgraded to 15.x.