RHEL 5 : redhat-ds-base (RHSA-2013:1116)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 78966
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionUpdated redhat-ds-base packages that fix one security issue and several bugs are now available for Red Hat Directory Server 8.2.
The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this update as having moderate security impact. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available from the CVE link in the References section.
Red Hat Directory Server is an LDAPv3 compliant server. The base packages include the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) server and command-line utilities for server administration.
It was discovered that Red Hat Directory Server did not honor defined attribute access controls when evaluating search filter expressions. A remote attacker (with permission to query the Directory Server) could use this flaw to determine the values of restricted attributes via a series of search queries with filter conditions that used restricted attributes. (CVE-2013-2219)
This issue was discovered by Ludwig Krispenz of Red Hat.
This update also fixes the following bugs :
* Prior to this update, the replication of the schema failed because of the attribute 'unhashed#user#password,' which had an invalid name.
When this problem happened, the error logs recorded the message 'Schema replication update failed: Invalid syntax.' This update allows this attribute's name and the replication of the schema. (BZ#970934)
* Prior to this update, under high load of incoming connections and due to a race condition, a connection which was not yet fully initialized could start being polled. This would lead to a crash. This update ensures that the connection is fully initialized before being in the polling set. (BZ#954051)
* Prior to this update, if some requested attributes were skipped during a search (for example, because of an ACI), the returned attribute names and values could be shifted. This update removes attributes that are not authorized from the requested attributes set, so that the returned attributes/values are not shifted. (BZ#922773)
* Prior to this update, when an attribute was configured to be encrypted, online import failed to store it in an encrypted way. This update allows encryption, on the consumer side, during an online import. (BZ#893178)
* Prior to this update, updating the redhat-ds-base package resulted in the '/etc/dirsrv/slapd-[instance]/certmap.conf' file being overwritten with the default template. With this update, upgrading the redhat-ds-base package no longer causes '/etc/dirsrv/slapd-[instance]/certmap.conf' to be overwritten if the file already exists, preventing users from losing their custom changes. (BZ#919154)
All users of Red Hat Directory Server 8.2 are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected redhat-ds-base and / or redhat-ds-base-devel packages.