New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote Windows host contains a mail client that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Thunderbird installed on the remote host is a version prior to 31.2. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Multiple memory safety flaws exist within the browser engine. Exploiting these, an attacker can cause a denial of service or execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2014-1574, CVE-2014-1575)
- A buffer overflow vulnerability exists when capitalization style changes occur during CSS parsing.
- An out-of-bounds read error exists in the Web Audio component when invalid values are used in custom waveforms that leads to a denial of service or information disclosure. (CVE-2014-1577)
- An out-of-bounds write error exists when processing invalid tile sizes in 'WebM' format videos that result in arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2014-1578)
- A use-after-free error exists in the 'DirectionalityUtils' component when text direction is used in the text layout that results in arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2014-1581)
- Multiple issues exist in WebRTC when the session is running within an 'iframe' element that will allow the session to be accessible even when sharing is stopped and when returning to the website. This could lead to video inadvertently being shared. (CVE-2014-1585, CVE-2014-1586)
SolutionUpgrade to Thunderbird 31.2 or later.