OracleVM 3.2 : bash (OVMSA-2014-0019)
High Nessus Plugin ID 78235
SynopsisThe remote OracleVM host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThe remote OracleVM system is missing necessary patches to address critical security updates :
- Check for fishy environment Resolves: #1141644
- Fixed a bug that caused trap handlers to be executed recursively, corrupting internal data structures.
- Don't include backup files Resolves: #700157
- Use `mktemp' for temporary files Resolves: #700157
- Added man page references to systemwide .bash_logout Resolves: #592979
- Readline glitch, when editing line with more spaces and resizing window Resolves: #525474
- Fix the memory leak in read builtin Resolves: #618393
- Don't append slash to non-directories Resolves: #583919
- Test .dynamic section if has PROGBITS or NOBITS Resolves: #484809
- Better random number generator Resolves: #492908
- Allow to source scripts with embeded NULL chars Resolves: #503701
- vi mode redo insert fixed Resolves: #575076
- Don't show broken pipe messages for builtins Resolves:
- Don't include loadables in doc dir Resolves: #663656
- Enable system-wide .bash_logout for login shells Resolves: #592979
- Don't abort source builtin Resolves: #448508
- Correctly place cursor Resolves: #463880
- Minor man page clarification for trap builtin Resolves:
SolutionUpdate the affected bash package.