New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 3.6
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
Description21 Aug 2014, PHP 5.5.16
- Fixed bug #67693 (incorrect push to the empty array) (Tjerk)
- Fixed bug #67717 (segfault in dns_get_record).
- Fixed missing type checks in com_event_sink (Yussuf Khalil, Stas).
- Fixed bug #67705 (extensive backtracking in rule regular expression). (CVE-2014-3538) (Remi)
- Fixed bug #67716 (Segfault in cdf.c). (CVE-2014-3587) (Remi)
- Fixed bug #67635 (php links to systemd libraries without using pkg-config). (pacho at gentoo.org, Remi)
- Fixed bug #66901 (php-gd 'c_color' NULL pointer dereference). (CVE-2014-2497) (Remi)
- Fixed bug #67730 (Null byte injection possible with imagexxx functions). (CVE-2014-5120) (Ryan Mauger)
- Fixed bug #67715 (php-milter does not build and crashes randomly). (Mike) OpenSSL :
- Fixed missing type checks in OpenSSL options (Yussuf Khalil, Stas).
- Fixed bug #55496 (Interactive mode doesn't force a newline before the prompt). (Bob, Johannes)
- Fixed bug #67496 (Save command history when exiting interactive shell with control-c). (Dmitry Saprykin, Johannes)
- Fixed missing type checks in php_session_create_id (Yussuf Khalil, Stas).
- Fixed bug #60616 (odbc_fetch_into returns junk data at end of multi-byte char fields). (Keyur)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected php package.