PHP 5.5.x < 5.5.16 Multiple Vulnerabilities
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 77403
SynopsisThe remote web server uses a version of PHP that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its banner, the remote web server is running a version of PHP 5.5.x prior to 5.5.16. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- LibGD contains a NULL pointer dereference flaw in its 'gdImageCreateFromXpm' function in the 'gdxpm.c' file.
By using a specially crafted color mapping, a remote attacker could cause a denial of service.
- The original upstream patch for CVE-2013-7345 did not provide a complete solution. It is, therefore, still possible for a remote attacker to deploy a specially crafted input file to cause excessive resources to be used when trying to detect the file type using awk regular expression rules. This can cause a denial of service. (CVE-2014-3538)
- An integer overflow flaw exists in the 'cdf.c' file. By using a specially crafted CDF file, a remote attacker could cause a denial of service. (CVE-2014-3587)
- There are multiple buffer overflow flaws in the 'dns.c' file related to the 'dns_get_record' and 'dn_expand' functions. By using a specially crafted DNS record, a remote attacker could exploit these to cause a denial of service or execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2014-3597)
- There exist multiple flaws in the GD component within the 'gd_ctx.c' file where user-supplied input is not properly validated to ensure that pathnames lack %00 sequences. By using specially crafted input, a remote attacker could overwrite arbitrary files.
Note that Nessus has not attempted to exploit these issues, but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade to PHP version 5.5.16 or later.