OpenSSL 1.0.0 < 1.0.0n Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 77087
SynopsisThe remote service is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its banner, the remote web server uses a version of OpenSSL 1.0.0 prior to 1.0.0n. The OpenSSL library is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A memory double-free error exists related to handling DTLS packets that allows denial of service attacks.
- An unspecified error exists related to handling DTLS handshake messages that allows denial of service attacks due to large amounts of memory being consumed.
- A memory leak error exists related to handling specially crafted DTLS packets that allows denial of service attacks. (CVE-2014-3507)
- An error exists related to 'OBJ_obj2txt' and the pretty printing 'X509_name_*' functions which leak stack data, resulting in an information disclosure. (CVE-2014-3508)
- An error exists related to 'ec point format extension' handling and multithreaded clients that allows freed memory to be overwritten during a resumed session.
- A NULL pointer dereference error exists related to handling anonymous ECDH cipher suites and crafted handshake messages that allow denial of service attacks against clients. (CVE-2014-3510)
SolutionUpgrade to OpenSSL 1.0.0n or later.