Oracle Traffic Director Multiple Vulnerabilities (July 2014 CPU)
High Nessus Plugin ID 76938
SynopsisThe remote host is running software with multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe remote host is running an unpatched version of Oracle Traffic Director that is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- The implementation of Network Security Services (NSS) does not ensure that data structures are initialized, which could result in a denial of service or disclosure of sensitive information. (CVE-2013-1739)
- The implementation of Network Security Services (NSS) does not properly handle the TLS False Start feature and could allow man-in-the-middle attacks.
- NSS contains an integer overflow flaw that allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service.
- An error exists in the 'Null_Cipher' function in the file 'ssl/ssl3con.c' related to handling invalid handshake packets that could allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2013-5605)
- An error exists in the 'CERT_VerifyCert' function in the file 'lib/certhigh/certvfy.c' that could allow invalid certificates to be treated as valid.
- Network Security Services (NSS) contains a race condition in libssl that occurs during session ticket processing. A remote attacker can exploit this flaw to cause a denial of service. (CVE-2014-1490)
- Network Security Services (NSS) does not properly restrict public values in Diffie-Hellman key exchanges, allowing a remote attacker to bypass cryptographic protection mechanisms. (CVE-2014-1491)
- An issue exists in the Network Security (NSS) library due to improper handling of IDNA domain prefixes for wildcard certificates. This issue could allow man-in- the-middle attacks. (CVE-2014-1492)
SolutionApply the appropriate patch according to the July 2014 Oracle Critical Patch Update advisory.