Oracle iPlanet Web Proxy Server 4.0 < 4.0.24 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 76592
SynopsisA web proxy server on the remote host is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe remote host has a version of Oracle iPlanet Web Proxy Server (formerly Sun Java System Web Proxy Server) 4.0 prior to 4.0.24. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- The implementation of Network Security Services (NSS) does not ensure that data structures are initialized, which could result in a denial of service or disclosure of sensitive information. (CVE-2013-1739)
- The implementation of Network Security Services (NSS) does not properly handle the TLS False Start feature and could allow man-in-the-middle attacks.
- An error exists related to handling input greater than half the maximum size of the 'PRUint32' value.
- An error exists in the 'Null_Cipher' function in the file 'ssl/ssl3con.c' related to handling invalid handshake packets that could allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2013-5605)
- An error exists in the 'CERT_VerifyCert' function in the file 'lib/certhigh/certvfy.c' that could allow invalid certificates to be treated as valid.
- Network Security Services (NSS) contains a race condition in libssl that occurs during session ticket processing. A remote attacker can exploit this flaw to cause a denial of service. (CVE-2014-1490)
- Network Security Services (NSS) does not properly restrict public values in Diffie-Hellman key exchanges, allowing a remote attacker to bypass cryptographic protection mechanisms. (CVE-2014-1491)
- An issue exists in the Network Security (NSS) library due to improper handling of IDNA domain prefixes for wildcard certificates. This issue could allow man-in- the-middle attacks. (CVE-2014-1492)
SolutionUpgrade to version 4.0.24 or later.
Note that, in the case of installs on Microsoft Windows hosts, at the time of this writing there is no patch available for Microsoft Windows hosts. Please contact the vendor regarding availability dates for the patch.