Fortinet OpenSSL Multiple Vulnerabilities
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 76493
SynopsisThe remote host is affected by multiple vulnerabilities related to OpenSSL.
DescriptionThe firmware of the remote Fortinet host is running a version of OpenSSL that is affected by one or more of the following vulnerabilities :
- An error exists in the function 'ssl3_read_bytes' that could allow data to be injected into other sessions or allow denial of service attacks. Note this issue is only exploitable if 'SSL_MODE_RELEASE_BUFFERS' is enabled. (CVE-2010-5298)
- A buffer overflow error exists related to invalid DTLS fragment handling that could lead to execution of arbitrary code. Note this issue only affects OpenSSL when used as a DTLS client or server. (CVE-2014-0195)
- An error exists related to DTLS handshake handling that could lead to denial of service attacks. Note this issue only affects OpenSSL when used as a DTLS client.
- An unspecified error exists that could allow an attacker to cause usage of weak keying material leading to simplified man-in-the-middle attacks.
- An unspecified error exists related to anonymous ECDH cipher suites that could allow denial of service attacks. Note this issue only affects OpenSSL TLS clients. (CVE-2014-3470)
SolutionUpgrade to a firmware version containing a fix for this vulnerability as referenced in the vendor advisory.