SynopsisThe remote Scientific Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
Description* A flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's futex subsystem handled the requeuing of certain Priority Inheritance (PI) futexes. A local, unprivileged user could use this flaw to escalate their privileges on the system. (CVE-2014-3153, Important)
* A flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's floppy driver handled user space provided data in certain error code paths while processing FDRAWCMD IOCTL commands. A local user with write access to /dev/fdX could use this flaw to free (using the kfree() function) arbitrary kernel memory. (CVE-2014-1737, Important)
* It was found that the Linux kernel's floppy driver leaked internal kernel memory addresses to user space during the processing of the FDRAWCMD IOCTL command. A local user with write access to /dev/fdX could use this flaw to obtain information about the kernel heap arrangement. (CVE-2014-1738, Low)
Note: A local user with write access to /dev/fdX could use these two flaws (CVE-2014-1737 in combination with CVE-2014-1738) to escalate their privileges on the system.
* It was discovered that the proc_ns_follow_link() function did not properly return the LAST_BIND value in the last pathname component as is expected for procfs symbolic links, which could lead to excessive freeing of memory and consequent slab corruption. A local, unprivileged user could use this flaw to crash the system.
* A flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel handled exceptions when user-space applications attempted to use the linkage stack. On IBM S/390 systems, a local, unprivileged user could use this flaw to crash the system. (CVE-2014-2039, Moderate)
* An invalid pointer dereference flaw was found in the Marvell 8xxx Libertas WLAN (libertas) driver in the Linux kernel. A local user able to write to a file that is provided by the libertas driver and located on the debug file system (debugfs) could use this flaw to crash the system. Note: The debugfs file system must be mounted locally to exploit this issue. It is not mounted by default. (CVE-2013-6378, Low)
* A denial of service flaw was discovered in the way the Linux kernel's SELinux implementation handled files with an empty SELinux security context. A local user who has the CAP_MAC_ADMIN capability could use this flaw to crash the system. (CVE-2014-1874, Low)
The system must be rebooted for this update to take effect.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.