Mandriva Linux Security Advisory : tor (MDVSA-2014:123)
High Nessus Plugin ID 74481
SynopsisThe remote Mandriva Linux host is missing a security update.
DescriptionUpdated tor packages fix multiple vulnerabilities :
Tor before 0.2.4.20, when OpenSSL 1.x is used in conjunction with a certain HardwareAccel setting on Intel Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge platforms, does not properly generate random numbers for relay identity keys and hidden-service identity keys, which might make it easier for remote attackers to bypass cryptographic protection mechanisms via unspecified vectors (CVE-2013-7295).
Update to version 0.2.4.22 solves these major and security problems :
- Block authority signing keys that were used on authorities vulnerable to the heartbleed bug in OpenSSL (CVE-2014-0160).
- Fix a memory leak that could occur if a microdescriptor parse fails during the tokenizing step.
- The relay ciphersuite list is now generated automatically based on uniform criteria, and includes all OpenSSL ciphersuites with acceptable strength and forward secrecy.
- Relays now trust themselves to have a better view than clients of which TLS ciphersuites are better than others.
- Clients now try to advertise the same list of ciphersuites as Firefox 28.
For other changes see the upstream change log
SolutionUpdate the affected tor package.