Oracle WebCenter Sites Multiple Vulnerabilities (October 2012 CPU)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 72778
SynopsisThe remote host has software installed that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe remote Oracle WebCenter Sites install is missing patches from the October 2012 CPU. As a result, it may be affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- A cross-site request forgery vulnerability exists that can be triggered by tricking a victim into clicking an image link on a specially crafted page. (CVE-2012-3185)
- A flaw in the UI Subcomponent could allow an authenticated user the ability to alter the email address information of other users. (CVE-2012-3183)
- The UI Subcomponent is affected by a cross-site scripting vulnerability due to lack of sanitization for the 'username' and 'StartItem' parameters.
- The 'selectedLocale' parameter in the UI Subcomponent is not properly sanitized and allows SQL injection.
- The Oracle WebCenter Sites ImagePicket Subcomponent is affected by an unspecified local vulnerability.
SolutionApply the appropriate patch according to the October 2012 Oracle Critical Patch Update advisory.