MediaWiki < 1.19.10 / 1.21.4 / 1.22.1 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 72370
SynopsisThe remote web server contains an application that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its version number, the instance of MediaWiki running on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Escape sequences are not properly sanitized when passed to the 'Sanitizer::checkCss' class, which allows a remote attacker to conduct cross-site scripting attacks.
- An input validation error exists in the 'XmlTypeCheck.php' script in uploaded SVG files that contain external style sheets, which allows a remote attacker to conduct cross-site scripting attacks.
- Input validation by the checkSvgScriptCallback() function is bypassed in the 'UploadBase.php' script when an SVG file with invalid XML is uploaded. This can result in malicious code execution. (CVE-2013-6453)
- An input validation error exists in the 'Sanitizer.php' script when input is submitted to the '-o-link' attribute, which allows cross-site scripting attacks in Opera 12. (CVE-2013-6454)
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists in the log API, Enhanced Recent Changes feature, and users' watchlists that allows deleted log entries to be viewed.
Additionally, the following extensions contain vulnerabilities but are not enabled or installed by default (unless otherwise noted) :
- The TimedMediaHandler extension is affected by a cross-site scripting vulnerability due to the lack of input validation of the 'data-videopayload' attribute in the 'mw.PopUpThumbVideo.js' script. (CVE-2013-4574)
- The Scribuntu extension is affected by a NULL pointer dereference and buffer overflow flaw in the implementation of the 'luasandbox' PHP extension that can lead to a denial of service or arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2013-4570, CVE-2013-4571)
- The CentralAuth extension is affected by an information disclosure vulnerability due to the insertion of a username into the page's DOM. (CVE-2013-6455)
- The Semantic Forms extension is affected by a cross-site request forgery (XSRF) vulnerability due to the lack of token validation in the 'Special:CreateCategory' page.
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade to MediaWiki version 1.19.10 / 1.21.4 / 1.22.1 or later.