Firefox < 24.0 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 69993
SynopsisThe remote Windows host contains a web browser that is potentially affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe installed version of Firefox is earlier than 24.0 and is, therefore, potentially affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Memory issues exist in the browser engine that could allow for denial of service or arbitrary code execution.
- The HTML5 Tree Builder does not properly maintain states, which could result in a denial of service or possible arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2013-1720)
- The ANGLE library is vulnerable to an integer overflow, which could result in a denial of service or arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2013-1721)
- Multiple use-after-free problems exist that could result in denial of service attacks or arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2013-1722, CVE-2013-1724, CVE-2013-1735, CVE-2013-1736, CVE-2013-1738)
- The NativeKey widget does not properly terminate key messages, possibly leading to a denial of service attack.
- Local users can gain the same privileges as the Mozilla Updater because the application does not ensure exclusive access to the update file. An attacker could exploit this by inserting a malicious file into the update file. (CVE-2013-1726)
- A buffer overflow is possible because of an issue with multi-column layouts. (CVE-2013-1732)
- An object is not properly identified during use of user-defined getter methods on DOM proxies. This could result in access restrictions being bypassed.
SolutionUpgrade to Firefox 24.0 or later.