New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.3
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
DescriptionVersion 5.5.3, 22 Aug 2013
Openssl: + Fixed UMR in fix for CVE-2013-4248.
Version 5.5.2, 15-Aug-2013
- Fixed bug #65372 (Segfault in gc_zval_possible_root when return reference fails).
- Fixed value of FILTER_SANITIZE_FULL_SPECIAL_CHARS constant (previously was erroneously set to FILTER_SANITIZE_SPECIAL_CHARS value).
- Fixed bug #65304 (Use of max int in array_sum).
- Fixed bug #65291 (get_defined_constants() causes PHP to crash in a very limited case).
- Fixed bug #62691 (solaris sed has no -i switch).
- Fixed bug #61345 (CGI mode - make install don't work).
- Fixed bug #61268 (--enable-dtrace leads make to clobber Zend/zend_dtrace.d).
- Added flags option to DOMDocument::schemaValidate() and DOMDocument::schemaValidateSource(). Added LIBXML_SCHEMA_CREATE flag.
- Added opcache.restrict_api configuration directive that may limit usage of OPcahce API functions only to patricular script(s).
- Added support for glob symbols in blacklist entries (?, *, **).
- Fixed bug #65338 (Enabling both php_opcache and php_wincache AVs on shutdown).
- Fixed handling null bytes in subjectAltName (CVE-2013-4248).
- Fixed bug #65299 (pdo mysql parsing errors).
- Fixed bug #65028 (Phar::buildFromDirectory creates corrupt archives for some specific contents).
- Fixed bug #62978 (Disallow possible SQL injections with pg_select()/pg_update() /pg_delete()/pg_insert()).
- Fixed bug #65336 (pg_escape_literal/identifier() silently returns false).
- Implemented strict sessions RFC (https://wiki.php.net/rfc/strict_sessions) which protects against session fixation attacks and session collisions (CVE-2011-4718).
- Fixed possible buffer overflow under Windows. Note:
Not a security fix.
- Changed session.auto_start to PHP_INI_PERDIR.
- Fixed bug #65018 (SoapHeader problems with SoapServer).
- Fixed bug #65328 (Segfault when getting SplStack object Value).
- Added RecursiveTreeIterator setPostfix and getPostifx methods.
- Fixed bug #61697 (spl_autoload_functions returns lambda functions incorrectly).
- Fixed bug #65268 (select() implementation uses outdated tick API).
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected php package.