IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.0 < Fix Pack 7 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 69449
SynopsisThe remote application server may be affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionIBM WebSphere Application Server 8.0 before Fix Pack 7 appears to be running on the remote host. It is, therefore, potentially affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A flaw exists related to Apache Ant and file compression that could lead to denial of service conditions. (CVE-2012-2098 / PM90088)
- The TLS protocol in the GSKIT component is vulnerable to a plaintext recovery attack.
(CVE-2013-0169 / PM85211)
- A flaw exists relating to OAuth that could allow a remote attacker to obtain someone else's credentials.
(CVE-2013-0597 / PM85834 / PM87131)
- A flaw exists relating to OpenJPA that is triggered during deserialization, which could allow a remote attacker to write to the file system and potentially execute arbitrary code. Note the vendor states this application is not directly affected by this flaw;
however, this application does include the affected version of OpenJPA. (CVE-2013-1768 / PM86780)
- An input validation flaw exists in the optional 'mod_rewrite' module in the included IBM HTTP Server that could allow arbitrary command execution via HTTP requests containing certain escape sequences.
(CVE-2013-1862 / PM87808)
- A flaw exists related to the optional 'mod_dav' module in the included IBM HTTP Server that could allow denial of service conditions.
(CVE-2013-1896 / PM89996)
- User-supplied input validation errors exist related to the administrative console that could allow cross-site scripting attacks.
(CVE-2013-2967 / PM78614, CVE-2013-4004 / PM81571, CVE-2013-4005 / PM88208)
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists related to incorrect caching by the administrative console.
(CVE-2013-2976 / PM79992)
- A user-supplied input validation error exists that could allow cross-site request forgery (CSRF) attacks to be carried out. (CVE-2013-3029 / PM88746)
SolutionApply Fix Pack 7 for version 8.0 (18.104.22.168) or later.