IBM WebSphere Application Server 7.0 < Fix Pack 29 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 68982
SynopsisThe remote application server is potentially affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionIBM WebSphere Application Server 7.0 before Fix Pack 29 appears to be running on the remote host. It is, therefore, potentially affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- The TLS protocol in the GSKIT component is vulnerable to a plaintext recovery attack. (CVE-2013-0169, PM85211)
- The WS-Security run time contains a flaw that could be triggered by a specially crafted SOAP request to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2013-0482, PM76582)
- A denial of service vulnerability exists, caused by a buffer overflow on localOS registry when using WebSphere Identity Manager (WIM). (CVE-2013-0541, PM74909)
- An unspecified cross-site scripting vulnerability exists related to the administrative console. (CVE-2013-0542, CVE-2013-2967, PM78614, PM81846)
- A validation flaw exists relating to 'Local OS registries' that may allow a remote attacker to bypass security. (CVE-2013-0543, PM75582)
- A directory traversal vulnerability exists in the administrative console via the 'PARAMETER' parameter.
- A flaw exists relating to OAuth that could allow a remote attacker to obtain someone else's credentials.
(CVE-2013-0597, PM85834, PM87131)
- A flaw exists relating to OpenJPA that is triggered during deserialization that may allow a remote attacker to write to the file system and potentially execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2013-1768, PM86780, PM86786, PM86788, PM86791)
- An information disclosure issue exists relating to incorrect caching by the administrative console.
- A user-supplied input validation error exists that could allow cross-site request (CSRF) attacks to be carried out. (CVE-2013-3029, PM88746)
SolutionIf using WebSphere Application Server, apply Fix Pack 29 (22.214.171.124) or later.
Otherwise, if using embedded WebSphere Application Server packaged with Tivoli Directory Server, apply the latest recommended eWAS fix pack.