New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote Scientific Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update fixes the following security issues :
- A flaw was found in the tcp_read_sock() function in the Linux kernel's IPv4 TCP/IP protocol suite implementation in the way socket buffers (skb) were handled. A local, unprivileged user could trigger this issue via a call to splice(), leading to a denial of service.
- Information leak flaws in the Linux kernel could allow a local, unprivileged user to leak kernel memory to user-space. (CVE-2012-6548, CVE-2013-2634, CVE-2013-2635, CVE-2013-3222, CVE-2013-3224, CVE-2013-3225, Low)
- An information leak was found in the Linux kernel's POSIX signals implementation. A local, unprivileged user could use this flaw to bypass the Address Space Layout Randomization (ASLR) security feature. (CVE-2013-0914, Low)
- A format string flaw was found in the ext3_msg() function in the Linux kernel's ext3 file system implementation. A local user who is able to mount an ext3 file system could use this flaw to cause a denial of service or, potentially, escalate their privileges.
- A format string flaw was found in the b43_do_request_fw() function in the Linux kernel's b43 driver implementation. A local user who is able to specify the 'fwpostfix' b43 module parameter could use this flaw to cause a denial of service or, potentially, escalate their privileges. (CVE-2013-2852, Low)
- A NULL pointer dereference flaw was found in the Linux kernel's ftrace and function tracer implementations. A local user who has the CAP_SYS_ADMIN capability could use this flaw to cause a denial of service.
The system must be rebooted for this update to take effect.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.